Indian Community Welfare Centre
This Indian culture welfare centre is open to all the active members of the Indian Cultural Society of Tasmania Inc. The following are some of its objective and purposes.
- To provide facilities for cultural, sports and recreational activities.
- To offer hospitality to migrants and assistance in their settlement.
- To provide respite care and support to the aged, women and youth of the community.
- To provide community welfare services to the elderly, disabled and disadvantages persons in the community.
- To provide facilities for learning Indian languages and culture and to promote multicultural education and activities.
- To stimulate and foster interest and appreciation of Indian culture and to promote the knowledge and understanding of the people and culture of one another.
- 7, Lodge Street
- Glenorchy, 7010,
- Hobart Tasmania.
IICS-TAS India House Official Opening Ceremony May 13, 1989